Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hooray for Thanksgiving!

I LOVE THANKSGIVING! I've recently decided that it's my favorite holiday. I just love thinking about all the blessings we have and I like that it's a pretty low-stress holiday (compared to Christmas), and it involves lots of food, naps, games, and family.
A couple of weeks ago, I was counting the days until Thanksgiving with the kids when Elora asked what Thanksgiving was. I told her it was a day that we think of all the things that Heavenly Father has given us and everything that we're thankful for. She looked at me with a funny look on her face and said, "We do that every day, Mom!" (Like, "That's silly that we have to have a holiday for something we should do every day!") It was so profoundly cute and sweet! I am so thankful for my children and for the times when they say things like that!

1 comment:

Ariane said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad we got to spend time with you guys.