Friday, January 25, 2008

Spare time

I decided to recruit for familysearch.org on my blog. It's a geneological website that provides information for people to find their ancestors. I've had a lot of spare time when I nurse Elias. I've been reading books, but I have a hard time picking books to read (any suggestions are greatly welcome!). I heard that it was pretty easy to volunteer to index (read microfilm and input the info into a spreadsheet so that people can search for specific names), so I looked up the website (familysearchindexing.org) and signed up. Now I do a batch of names every day, while Kydee does her homework and Elias takes a nap or nurses. I really like feeling like I'm doing something productive and it's so easy! I can do it whenever I want and I can work on it for as long as I want. Anyway, if you're a stay-at-home mom like me, or have extra time (it's amazing how much time is freed up once you stop watching TV--and I didn't watch much before) you should try it!

3 comments:

Darcy said...

My mother does that too. She's a genealogy queen. Good that you are finding productive things to do while nursing. I just vegged out.

Fitness Guru said...

Hi Sonnet. I know this is an extremely weird comment to be getting on your blog, but the number I was given for you didn't work. Derek Snow (you probably know him as Professor Snow) recommended that I talk to you about a position that has come up at our company. I don't know if you're interested or even looking for something, but please e-mail me back at logan-mickel@leavitt.com and I can tell you more.

Hello everyone else. Apparently Sonnet is awesome if a former professor recommended her for a job several years after she graduated.

Linda Martineau said...

I'm proud of you!