Monday, January 19, 2009

Dalan's and Elora's birthdays

Dalan turned 6 in December. I'm finally getting around to updating the blog, so I'm playing catch-up. Here's Dalan with his car and number 6 cake.


Dalan loved the transformer shirt and skateboard that Grandma Linda gave him.


Elora also had a birthday in December; she turned 4. I wanted to make a princess cake for her. I asked Dale to make the frosting (I left a recipe for him and everything) while I went to the store. When I got home, this is the color he had made. Brown! I tried to explain to him that I needed white (which is the recipe I gave him) so I could make a pink and white dress, but he said he liked chocolate better, so what's the big deal?!
So, Elora ended up with princess with a dark brown dress with pink accents. Oh, well!



She wanted to be 'fancy' for her birthday party, so she wore this dress (and two others--she couldn't decide which she liked best, so she changed periodically; kinda like the announcers on the Academy Awards).

1 comment:

Ariane said...

I love the look on Dalan's face when seeing the skateboard. And i can totally see Elora changing dresses all day. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.