Monday, August 04, 2008

I'm baaack!

Well, our internet has been messed up for about a month, but we finally got that problem taken care of, so I am back and have comitted to writing at least once a week (we'll see how that goes).


So, I guess to start out, I'll write about what's on my mind, which just happens to be my wonderful husband, Dale. We celebrated our 8th anniversary on July 15th. I can't believe how long it's been already! The time really does seem to have just flown by. I love Dale for the following reasons, plus so many more: Dale works so hard to take care of us, we have a good time together, he watches romantic movies with me even though he hates them (I watch action flicks with him, so I guess that means we sacrifice for each other), and he tries really hard to be a good dad. Dale, I Love You!!


Ok, enough with the mushy stuff that no one really cares about and on to our trips this summer (more stuff that no one really cares about, yay!) Well, let's see....this summer we've traveled a ton and we still have three more trips coming up. So, for those of you who were worried ab0ut the economy slouching due to high gas prices and less people traveling, have no fear! The Barbee family is determined to single-handedly bring us out of the slump through our summer trips. We've gone to Cedar City twice (visiting family), California (Disneyland), Seattle (visiting my sister), Grand Junction (my 10-yr class reunion), Price (cousin's funeral), Moab (family), Las Vegas (more family), Declo, ID (family reunion), um....I don't think anywhere else. The kids and I are going to Moab tomorrow for my mom's 50th birthday party, cousin's wedding, and to see family. We're all going to Carson City, NV towards the end of August for Dale's brother's wedding, and the first week in September we're going camping with some friends somewhere in the middle of Idaho. After all that, I don't think we'll be in a traveling mood for some time.


Random Summer Trip Photos





Man! Don't I have the cutest kids!? Have a great day everyone!




2 comments:

Darcy said...

are you gonna visit us when you're here? Where are you staying?

Dale Barbee said...

Sonnet,

I am always interested in hearing wonderful things about myself.

I luv u two shmoopsie pooh