Thursday, August 14, 2008

Trip to Moab

Our trip to Moab was fun. My cousin got married on Friday. She looked very beautiful and we were all so glad that she and Scott have made that commitment.
Saturday and Sunday were spent on the La Sal mountains above Moab for my mom's 50th birthday party. We surprised her by contacting friends from throughout her life and having them write memories about her. We were able to get ones clear from 2nd grade until now, so that was pretty fun to hear those stories and see my mom's reaction to them. Her brothers and sisters sang a song about her to the tune of "The Brady Bunch" theme song. Then my siblings and I sang a song about her to the tune of "Johnny Verbeck." Maybe I'll post the words when I find the notebook we wrote it in.
Monday we rode a raft down the Colorado River. It was my first time on the river. How, you might ask, did I never go down the river growing up in Fruita, Colorado and visiting Moab every summer? I just had the luck of being out of town or pregnant every time our church youth group or my family went rafting. (I wasn't pregnant for the youth group trips, just so you know!) Anyway, it was a lot of fun goofing around with my family and splashing each other. I wish I would have been braver and jumped off a cliff into the river, but there's always next time.
BTW--I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures for this post, but I will try to get some from my family and add them.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Your mom is so young!

Linda Martineau said...

Thanks for such a fun birthday party. I know it's not easy to travel with kids, and i'm really glad you came. I enjoyed being on the river with you. And everything else too! Love Mom