Sunday, November 04, 2007

House in Idaho Falls

Here's our house in Idaho Falls. All the walls were white when we moved in and I couldn't stand it, so I had a marathon painting tour. Dale thought I was nuts, but now that everything's painted, he admits that it looks/feels much better. I'm going to eventually paint every room, but I still have the basement stairway, family room, office, laundry room, and master bathroom left.



Here's the living room. Dale and his friend Kelly painted the vaulted part. I was very glad to have their help. Eventually, a shelf will go around the whole room where the two different colors meet. Until then, it will look a little weird, but we've got to save up some money before that project.



Here's our bedroom. The walls were the color of pistachio pudding, or mint chocolate chip ice cream, (you can still see it around the top, where we haven't finished touch-up painting) both of which I find disgusting. I felt like puking every time I walked in the room, so it was the first to be painted. Now the walls are a light olive green. Ahhhh! Much better!


(Dining room) The yellow is a little darker than I was planning, but oh well.



(Kitchen) I've been wanting to paint a room red for a while, but never had the guts to do it. I was daring and decided to paint the kitchen and breakfast nook red in this house and I love it!


(Kydee's room) I think this paint job turned out so cute! Kydee loves it; I would have loved it when I was a little girl, too.


Dalan's room is light blue with Superman stickers all over. In our Cedar house, he wanted Spiderman decorations, so I painted a city skyline on the wall and put Spiderman stickers up that looked like Spiderman was swinging from the buildings. This time he decided he wanted Superman.




Elora wanted a pink room, so 'what the princess wants, the princess gets.'







Here's the TV part of our family room.



Here's the play area of the family room. Yes, I know...our kids are spoiled.

So, now that you've seen our house, feel free to really come see it. We would love to have any of our friends and family come visit.

4 comments:

Ariane said...

Your house looks wonderful. I can't wait to see it.

Ariane said...

Don't you mean "our kids are spoiled"? Not "are kids are spoiled"? Just thought you should speak in plane english. You no, don't make it two fancy. I weight for you're reply. (Matt)

Sonnet said...

I am so embarassed! I hate it when people make mistakes like that and I made one on my own blog! Thanks for pointing it out...I fixed it!

barrettandaudrey said...

I love your house and can't wait to see it up close! It reminds me of sleeping beauty for some reason. It is darling!