Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good news, bad news

Bad news:
I'm still in my robe and pj's and it's almost noon.
My CD player in the van broke, so not only can I not listen to CD's anymore, 6 of my CD's are stuck in there--3 of which are Collective Soul!
It's still snowy here! (It has snowed three days this week.)
Elias has an ear infection in both ears.
Dalan burned his finger (3rd degree) when the fireplace screen fell on his hand and it's looking infected.
Eli (my brother) had an accident with the 4-wheeler a couple days ago and broke his neck.
Matt (my brother-in-law) is being deployed to Iraq in a few weeks.


Good news:
I can get dressed any time I want, I'm just lazy.
I guess eventually I might get the CD player fixed; until then, I have the internet, but I can't get most of the Collective Soul songs I want. Oh well, I'll survive. At least the engine didn't break.
Someday it will be warmer; at least, that's what I keep telling myself.
We got some antibiotics and Elias is feeling much better.
We have bandaids and Neosporin--if only Dalan would leave it alone.
Eli had surgery last night and everything is going to be alright, he just has 3 months of recovery ahead; but he will still be able to go on a mission.
Matt is well-trained and we have faith that the Lord will take care of him, no matter what happens.

I'm practicing having a 'Pollyanna' attitude in finding the bright side of every situation. I guess we really can find good in everyting life hands us!

No comments: