Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wonder Woman Strikes Again!

I've been pretty bored lately, what with the taking care of a 1st grader, wild boy (aka Dalan), princess (Elora), and little goobling, and doing laundry, cleaning, and making meals; so I thought, "Hey, why not do another home improvement project?!" (Note the slight hint of sarcasm.)


I've always hated our half bath (I say that like I've had to endure it for so long--poor me), so I figured I could redo it so easily and then I wouldn't hate it anymore. Here's the 'before' and 'work in progress' pictures. There was a mirror hanging where that patch of tan paint is...I took it down before I thought of taking pictures. It was really ugly; it looked like the ones you see in old apartment buildings, with the shelf with the sliding doors on the bottom.




Redoing the bathroom was a much bigger pain than I thought it would be. I had to replace part of the subfloor where the old vanity was and I basically had to beat the old vanity with a hammer until it was in pieces before I could get it out and still leave the pipes intact. Also, the pipes I had aren't the right size, so the sink still isn't hooked up. I'm hoping my dad can help me when he comes to visit next week.


So, after about $125 and two days later, here's the 'after.' (Don't you just love how I took a picture of myself in the mirror!) As you can see, I still need to get some trim and fill in the gaps where the old vanity used to be and I need to replace the light fixture, but other than that, everything is done. It's hard to tell from this picture, but the walls used to be white and now they're light green. I replaced the vanity and mirror, replaced the wax ring on the toilet (Dale helped with that part), laid vinyl tiles for the flooring, and painted. I think it looks pretty good and it's not so crowded anymore. Well, my children are beating on each other again--they must be training for a career in cage fighting--so I better sign off. If you ever need a home improvement helper, call me and I'll be right over. (I just love doing this kind of thing!)

3 comments:

Ariane said...

It looks great! You want to come paint my house? You'll have to help me decide what colors to choose.

barrettandaudrey said...

I don't know how you do it!! Just re-painting my bathroom is overwhelming! It looks great!

Darcy said...

You are awesome! Looks great.