Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I love Collective Soul!

I just thought that I should let all of you out in cyberspace to know that I am a TOTAL Collective Soul freak! Whenever I'm having a bad day, or feeling sad, or cleaning house, or feeling really great, or what ever, I listen to Collective Soul and I feel better. They've been my favorite band since I had a favorite band (over 11 years) and I love 'em even more now than I did back in 1995! I even listened to the cd Youth while I was in labor with Elias!
I've gone to two of their concerts, one on my 19th birthday (that was only like the best birthday, ever!) and Dale and I went two days after our anniversary last summer (July 17, 2007). It was Dale's first concert and he finally understands why someone would pay more to go to a concert only to hear songs once than just buying the CD and listening to it as many times as you want.
So, if you're looking for some rockin' good music, check 'em out! (I'm listening to them right now!) They're albums are in order of release, as follows: Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid; Collective Soul; Disciplined Breakdown; Dosage; 7even Year Itch (Greatest Hits); Blender (this is the only album I wouldn't recommend buying--I don't know what happened with this one, but it wasn't that great; in fact, it almost made me stop liking them, yikes!), Youth; and Afterwords. They also have a newer acoustic CD that I don't have, and I don't remember what it's called. I have all of the aforementioned CD's, except Afterwords. I used to have Afterwords, but I gave it to my best friend and fellow Collective Soul-mate, Tamra. It's only for sale at Target and she lives over a hundred miles from the nearest Target (poor thing!), so I gave mine to her, thinking that I'd just get another one at the Target here. The only problem was that was 3 months ago and Target never has it in stock when I go! Luckily, you can listen to all the songs from Afterwords on http://www.collectivesoul.com/, so I haven't had to go too long without my Collective Soul fix (besides the other 6-7 CD's that I have), but I would like to listen to it in the car, too! I just looked online, and it says that there's some in-stock at Target, so I'm going to call today and make sure before I go over there. Wish me luck!

Update: I went to Target and (gasp) there was only one copy of the CD left, so I quickly grabbed it and didn't let it out of my sight the rest of the time I was in the store. I looked online to see if you can get Afterwords on half.com or ebay, and you can, but it's really expensive, so I'm tempted to buy any/all copies I find at Target (if it's possible to buy any) and sell them online for a profit. Would that be wrong? On one hand, it'd be profitting off my favorite group, and on the other hand, I'd be sharing them with others who might not get the CD any other way....such a dilemma!

3 comments:

Darcy said...

I enjoy their music as well. I guess I need to add one of their CDs to my collection, since they come so highly recommended. I've only heard them on the radio. I love the lead singers voice. My favorite of what I've heard is "December"

Ariane said...

Thank you for instilling a love of Collective Soul in me. Each song brings a different memory to mind. "Vicious Execution" "oohhh! My back really hurts." (mom's version of Shine) "She wants more..." and many others.

Bonnie Young said...

Your so funny!!! I LOVE music and we have it on a lot of the day, but I honestly can't say that I've whole heartedly listened to Collective Soul. So I'm going to make a point of checking out their websight. Oh and I have another project idea for the back porch that I need your expert advice on.
Your so skilled, I'm really jealous!!!. Love ya! Bonnie